Eight years (and ten months) old Ahana Dey sends us this list all the way from Chennai. Some lists make yo go ‘aw!’ and this is one of those since, accompanying the mail was her neatly written hand note listing her favourites. We are also touched by our correspondent’s respect for rules because despite being shocked at not seeing Famous Five and Dr Seuss on the list, she maintained her composure and bravely sent the list without tampering with it. So without further ado, here’s what you should be adding to your shelf according to Ahana:
- White Boots by Noel Streatfeild : I loved the book as it talks about friendship, dreams and other things that are very important in life.
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl : It is a wonderful and interesting story about a boy called James Henry Trotter and his strange but amazing friends
- Amelia Jane (3in1) by Enid Blyton : It is a book about naughty but fun Amelia Jane and all the mischievous tricks she plays on the toys of the toy cupboard
- Moin and the Monster by Anushka Ravishankar : A book full of funny jokes and laughter. It is all about the hilarious monster and also about Moin and how he has to learn to live with it.
- The Magic Moonlight Flower and Other Enchanting Stories by Satyajit Ray : When you read this book, it is like stepping into the enchanted land of monsters and princesses. A wonderful book.
- The Best of Tenida by Narayanan Ganghopadhyay : A very funny book about the four friends – Pyalaram, Kyabla, Habul Sen and most of all Tenida of Potoldanga. They all love to laugh and have an amazing appetite.
- A Stitch in Time by Penelope Lively : This mysterious book is all about Maria who keeps getting lost in the secret world of her imagination. An amazing book.
- Moin and the Monster Songster by Anushka Ravishankar : The second part of the Moin and the Monster. A very good book too. You will be rolling on the floor laughing even when you are only half way through.
- Goopy Gyne Bagha Byne by Upendrakishore Roychoudhury : A book about the two friends, Goopy and Bagha. They bump into the world of music together and do many amazing things.
Matilda by Roald Dahl : Matilda is a sweet five year old genius with mean and cruel parents. Can she survive? Probably the best book ever published.
Thank you, Ahana! We love your list and wish for it to keep growing!