At the time of the report being finalised, Aarya was already 5 years 1 month 21 days old. You can add a few days and a truckload of books to that now. Since he is a smart bookworm who would not give us a list of just books, he decided to list his favourite authors!
- The Way Back Home : I love that I go to the sky in the aeroplane.
- How to catch a star : I love stars.
- Lost and Found : I like it because of Penguin getting lost.
- Little Owl Lost : Baby owl falls and is lost!
- No, George! :George eats the cake (giggles!)
- Room on the broom : it has fire breathing dragon!
- Gruffalo : I love Gruffalo.
- Monkey’s Puzzle : Monkey’s Mama is lost (giggles)
- Gruffalo’s Child : I like baby Gruffalo!
- Elephant and Piggie series : So funny!
- Knuffle Bunny : Anjie’s toy is lost …goes into washing machine. (Aarya likes to refer to Trixie as Anjie)
Apart from these authors, some of Aarya’s other favourites and his notes on them are:
- When dinosaur came with everything by Elise Broach : I want triceratops and stegosauras.
- Awesome Dawson by Chris Gall : I am superhero
- The adventures of Sparrowboy by Brian Pinkney : I am flying superhero
- Pete’s Pizza by William Stieg : I am angry, then I am pizza ( giggles)
- Snow by Uri Shulevitz : I LOVE snow!
- No, David! By David Shannon : He does everything and mama says, ‘No, no no!’
- Flight 123 by Maria Van Lieshout : Love airports.
- How to grow a dinosaur by Caryl Hart: There is a T-rex!
- Lily’s Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes : I also like showing my new bag in school.
- The Princess Knight by Cornelia Flunke : Anjie is a knight in night. (Yeah, the princess is Anjie too)
- Not Norman by Kelly Bennett : I want a Goldfish at least.
- Leonardo the terrible monster by Mo Willems : Monsters are scary, not friendly, this is not a good book. BUt it is my favourite because I am in it.
- I want my hat back and This is not my hat by Jon Classen : The Bear eats the rabbit and the fish is lying! (More giggles follow)
Let’s not count. We will just pretend that it is a list of ten books. Just as we are going to pretend that Aarya is not a superhero in disguise. Shh!