A 6.5 year girl old peeped over our reporter, Parul’s shoulder to ensure that every typed word was exactly how she wanted it. The reporter stuck to her job and didn’t dare to make any changes as she feared for her life.
It took the pair a long time to send in the list since every book was checked, flipped through, read, re-read to make sure that it deserved to be on the list.
Also, please note that when she says “Tintin,” she means “All” the Tintins. Sames goes for Calvin & Hobbes, Geronimos, Ivy & Bean, Rainbow Magic, Nate the Great, Roald Dahl. That, ladies and gentleman is, Sia Bora for you, a certified reading raccoon, and here’s her list:
1. First Big Book of Why (National Geographic): Because it tells us “Why” things do anything. I need to know why we sneeze!
2. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstien: Because it has so many funny rhymes! I love “Sick” because Peggy Ann McKay is very funny!
3. Geronimo Stilton and Thea Stilton: Because I just like them!
4. Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Waterson: Because Calvin & Hobbes do funny things like locking themselves up in the washroom when the babysitter is there!
5. The Adventures of Tintin by Hergé: Because he has such exciting adventures. He has to search for Castafiore’s emerald.
6. Ivy & Bean (Barrows/Blackhall): Because they do teamwork!
7. The Magic Finger (Roald Dahl): Because the magic finger is with a girl who can turn a whole family’s (2 boys and 1 daddy and 1 mumma) hands into duck wings. And duck wings into hands.
8. Rainbow Magic Series by Daisy Meadows: Because Kristy and Rachel help fairies to get fun back to fairyland.
9. The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton: Because the lands above the tree are fun for the people who climb the tree.
10. Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat: Because he is a detective and he solves cases.
Thank you for sending the list in Parul! Dear Sia, Thank You! Calvin and Hobbes, and Tintin are my favourites too! We’ll be waiting to discover more books with you.